Friday, May 20, 2011

lessons in the life of DIBYA SUBBAA


Dibya Subba, now 28, was born in Dharan and moved to Kathmandu when he was a young boy. He was one of the top winners at the Hits FM Music Awards last month, taking home the gongs for Best Rock Composition and Best Performance by a Group or Duo. A new album called "Dibya Subba and the Blue Acids" will be released this month. He talked to WAVE about awards and inspirations.
My favourite artist is Dave Matthews. Recently I have also been listening to a lot of Anni Di Fango. Her music doesn't belong to any particular genre, but this inspires me.

My biggest and only goal in life is to continue working in the music business. I know it's hard to buy a big house and nice cars if I continue working here, but survival isn't that hard. That said, my mother would probably like it more if I could build her a nice house.
I grew up in a musical family. My father, Kewal Subba, worked in Radio Nepal and played guitar and harmonica. I learned how to play guitar from him. He passed away when I was still a teenager.
When I was playing a concert in Hong Kong, a cousin Dai bought me a guitar. It is right now my most treasured possession.
I wish my dad was alive to hear my music and listen to my albums. He is one person I wish I could share my music with.
Music is like meditation. It has changed the way I think about myself. And it has changed the way I think about other people.
I used to get angry a lot, and very quickly. As I have become older, that doesn't happen anymore. I can accept people the way they are.
My most unappealing trait is my lack of willpower. I can't make decisions, and if I make them, I can't stick to them. I have been trying to quit smoking for two years, but unsuccessfully.
I respect Anuradha Koirala a lot for what she has done to help young and vulnerable girls from trafficking. She was apparently at the Hits FM award, but I missed my chance to meet her. I would have liked to take my picture with her.



No comments:

Post a Comment